Study program: Social work
Holder: Aleš Žiberna
Collaborator(s): Tamara Rape Žiberna
The basics of quantitative data arrangement and analysis
- Basic terms: statistics, population, sample, distributions
- Quantitative data arrangement and presentation.
- Relative figures: structures, coefficients, indexes.
- Mean value measurements: modus, median, arithmetic mean.
- Dispersion measurements: range, quartile range, average absolute deviation, variance and standard deviation.
- Normal distribution: normed deviation, areas under the normal curve, applications
- Other theoretical distributions (t, F, Hi-square).
Correlation and regression:
- Association and dependence
- Functional and statistical relationship
- Association, correlation and regression: covariance, Pearson's coefficient of a linear correlation, Spearman's coefficient of a rank correlation., regression coefficient
Basics of inferential statistics
- Basic terms: sample, random variable, sample distribution, standard error
- Estimation of parameters
- Testing of hypotheses about differences between parameters.
- Non-parameter tests (chi-square test).
Brief description of more complex statistical methods (some possible exampels)
- Analysis of variance
- Multiple regression analysis
- Factor analysis